Hi hi hi hi hi hi!
This summer was definitely an interesting one for me. It was quite emotional, but I definitely learned more about myself this summer. I got the chance to do a pretty last minute trip with a friend to Palm Springs, California. Call us crazy, because it was scorching hot in August. We still had tons of fun and an a great experience.
We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, and it was a really neat hotel. Tons of historical pieces that are found all around the hotel. We found our hotel via Expedia, and found a great budget friendly package. I would recommend anyone to check out Expedia's packages first. The hotel was located in downtown Palm Springs, and every restaurant and store was within walking distance.
We managed to find the oh-so-very famous Pink Door House. All the homes in that areas are beautiful, and have their own personality.
I would suggest checking out the Palm Springs Art Museum, there were so many breathtaking and unbelievable pieces. (Confession: I nearly cried seeing my first Pablo Picasso in the museum hahaha)
We finished our trip by hopping on the Aeriel Tramway, the scenery was beyond beautiful. There's even areas where you can eat if bring your own lunch or dinner at the top of the mountain.
I would've liked to have taken more photos, but I decided not to bring my DSLR with me for this trip. I really needed to unwind, and just be around a great friend. Her and I both just needed to be on vacation.
A list of things that you SHOULD do in Palm Springs
- Have brunch at Pinocchio's (Bottomless mimosas for $3.95? YAAAAAS)
- As mentioned, definitely go see the Palm Springs Art Museum. Keep in mind, there are two art museums. There's one that outdoors and an indoors one.
- The Botanical Gardens (we didn't get a chance to go, but make sure to call for their hours, because they have a few days where they aren't open)
- Eat at Lulu's ! It's a cute bistro with beautiful decor and the interior design is super neat. They also have daily specials that are delicious, if you are on a budget too!
- Aeriel Tramway.
- Share pizza with your travel buddy at Bill's Pizza in downtown! The friendly, speedy service and their variety of pizzas are worth checking out.
- If you're in the mood for traditional Mexican cuisine, you must go to LAS CASUELAS TERRAZZO. The food was soooooooooo good and the prices were reasonable for the portions you receive! They also feature a live band called Palm Springs Sound Company. They did the most amazing renditions/covers of popular songs.
- Make sure you're in Palm Springs on a Thursday. They shut down one of their downtown streets and offer an outdoor street market. We missed out, but we hear nothing but great things about it.
I think that's about it... Definitely feel free to reach out if you have any questions :)
Take care always,